When a friend or family member passes away we want to be supportive and show understanding. But often we don’t know exactly what to say and we’re left feeling lost for words or struggling to find the right sentiment.
Sending a sympathy message with a flower arrangement is not only a sign of respect, but an act of comfort and kindness.
At Forest Green, each of our exclusive flower bouquets comes with a complimentary personalised card, allowing you to add your own thoughtful message of sympathy to the flowers. However, we know that finding the right words can be difficult, so we have written some card suggestions for different occasions.
Sympathy messages for a friend.
- I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. I am always here for you, and I am sending you love and strength during this distressing time.
- I am thinking about you and sending my heartfelt sympathies and condolences.
- Although I don’t know what you are feeling right now, I do understand what it’s like to lose a friend.
- Losing a loved one is something I wouldn’t wish on anyone. It feels like a cloud has cast a shadow over you. Please know it won’t always be that way. The clouds will clear, and the sun will shine again. When you need some sunlight, I will never be far away. You have my deepest condolences.
- Saying goodbye to someone as important as [insert name] is devastating. Although I cannot replace [him/her/them/etc.], I am here to support you with hugs, a shoulder to cry on, and the reminder that you are not alone.
Sympathy messages for a family member.
- [Name], I am so sad to hear that [name] died. I am thinking of you and [names of other affected family members]. I hope that you feel wrapped in love and support.
- Learning of [Name]’s passing was gut-wrenching. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you are finding strength in your family and the love of your friends; please know we are here for you.
- It is my prayer that our shared memories of [name] will bring comfort during this time.
- Remember you are not alone.
- Know that you are a credit to [name]’s memory. I am sure that [he/she/they/etc.] would be thinking of you fondly and with pride for who you are and how you live your life.
- I am here for you. We’ll get through this together.
- My heart is with you during this time of loss and in the days to come.
Sympathy messages for the loss of a Partner.
- I wish that I could ease your pain and help you heal. I hope that this message at least lets you know that I am thinking of you always. My heartfelt sympathies go out to you in this difficult time.
- In times of sorrow, it is not always easy to see the light. If I can help you find a glimmer by giving thanks for the gift that was the life of [name], please know that is what I am trying to do. [Name] was a truly special person, and I am so grateful that you had [him/her/them/etc.] in your life. May [he/she/they/etc.] be at peace.
- I hope you find these flowers as beautiful as (name)’s spirit, and know I’m thinking of you in this sad time.
- Please accept this arrangement as a sign of my deepest condolences.
- I remember (name) always loved (type of flower). I have so many wonderful memories of him/her. So sorry for your loss.